The Making of DigitalMarketer With Founder Ryan Deiss
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Ryan Deiss. Ryan is an entrepreneur, author, and investor. His company, DigitalMarketer, is the leading provider of digital marketing training and certifications. Its community has over 15,000 paid members and over half a million subscribers. Ryan is also the founder and host of the Traffic & Conversion Summit, the largest digital marketing conversion conference in North America. Ryan is also a best-selling author and a sought-after speaker.
Ryan Deiss starting building the empire of businesses he has today by selling eBooks right from his dorm room back in 1999. Fast forward to today and his company DigitalMarketer now has over 15,000 paying members and half a million subscribers that trust them to learn about digital marketing.
In this episode, Ryan shares his story and the challenges he faced along the way. He talks about his journey with the business and the pivotal moments that helped launch DigitalMarketer and the Traffic & Conversion Conference that now has a turnout of upwards of 7,000 people per year.
Questions I Ask Ryan Deiss:
- [0:34] So your book Digital Marketing for Dummies — you probably have to update it a lot, right?
- [3:44] What was your first foray into the world of internet marketing as we call it?
- [7:23] When did you start DigitalMarketer?
- [10:27] Can you share a succinct description of where DigitalMarketer is today?
- [11:59] Do you ever feel like you get pushback from the larger organizations and need to adjust for the mainstream if you will?
- [13:22] If someone asks you, where do you want DigitalMarketer to be three years from now, what would you say?
- [19:20] When you’re not working, when you go on vacation, when you unplug, what do you like to do?
More About Ryan Deiss:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
If you are a consultant or agency or coach, do any of these points ring true: do you have trouble getting in front of enough ideal clients? Are you constantly being forced to compete on price? Are you working too hard and not making enough money?
I’ve got a free book for you. It’s called the 7 steps to scale your practice or agency without adding overhead. If you want to grow your practice, it doesn’t have to be that hard. Download a copy for yourself here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND